Papers in PubMed
- <ref name='PMID:xxxxxxx'/>
Where xxxxxxx is the PMID number. Use the links under the entry box to save on typing.
Papers not in PubMed, Book Chapters, Books, etc
- If the reference doesn't have a PMID, you can enclose it in <ref></ref> tags.
- If there will be multiple citations of the same reference on the page, you can give the reference a name so that it only appears once in the References list. You must use quotes around the ref name if it includes a space, certain punctuation marks, or non-ASCII characters.
- <ref name="some_name">reference info</ref>
To site the named reference again:
- <ref name="some_name"/>
- For frequently used references, we keep a list of shortcuts at OMPwiki_Reference_Library. These are tagged with LIB:, like this:
- <ref name=LIB:shortcut/>
Adding a References section
To see the formatted references as a list, insert
in the page where you want the list to appear. Note that the reference list will only show references that are cited above it. More than one <references/> section can be used.
- [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:FOOT Wikipedia:Footnotes